Delivers superior protection against lightning strikes, inductive kick, and other transient surges for data center, telecom, and power supply applications.
Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS), an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, announced the new SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series. Many of today’s high-power, high surge rating TVS diodes are only available in axial leaded packages. The compact, 2 kA 8/20 μs rated, surface-mount package SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series allows electronics designers to achieve a more robust transient voltage, overvoltage protection, and lightning protection system while using less printed circuit board (PCB) space.
The SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series is ideal for high power density applications that require robust protection in a small footprint, including:
- ICT, Medical, Industrial DC power supplies
- High-power DC bus protection
- DC power supplies used in exposed and harsh environments
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports
- Small Cell, Micro Cell, Remote Radio Units (RRU), Baseband Units (BBU)
- High power density SiC and GAN-based DC/DC converters/power supplies
“Global trends and regulatory requirements for higher efficiency power supplies, high current and high-speed MOSFET/IGBT designs are increasingly in demand,” said Ben Huang, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Littelfuse. “These fast-switching designs need protection against inductive kickback. By using the high-power SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series, designers can achieve high reliability and robustness while reducing the required board space and assembly time.”
The SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series offers these key benefits:
- Protects high-cost, high current, high-speed MOSFET/IGBT circuits against inductive kicks with low clamping voltage and high surge rating.
- Enables designers to achieve robust circuit protection with less PCB space via a modified, compact SMTO-263 surface-mount package 50% smaller than SMTO-218 surface-mounted solutions.
- Compatible with automated PCB assembly processes reducing costs while saving time.
The SMTOAK2 TVS Diode Series are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 500. Place ample requests through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.